Finance & Administrative Manager
Ha Noi, Viet Nam
WCS Viet Nam Program
Finance & Administration
WCS Viet Nam’s Managers, Procurement & Logistics Officer, Finance Officers/Assistant, Human Resources Officers
Approximately 10% or as required within the country if/when required
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 countries, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Viet Nam Program Overview
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through support and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed about 4,000 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalists, researchers and managers nation-wide and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies to review and propose necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government to Government dialogue through multilateral and bi-lateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and response to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development. Recently, WCS Viet Nam has also expanded to species conservation, with focus on finding and protecting Rafetus Swinhoei in the wild.
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administrative Manager, the Administrative Assistant (AA) will work as a member of the Finance & Administration team to provide support to WCS Vietnam Office on administration and logistics tasks. The AA supports other functions to work smoothly and at optimal effectiveness.
1. Runs front desk, receive and circulate correspondence;
2. Receives calls and visitors and direct them to related WCS members;
3. Coordinates meeting facilities and arranges office meeting;
4. Manages general office operation (including office vendors and supplies) to ensure smooth operations (including stock in for supplies and consumables and managing the office cleaner);
5. Maintains Office asset inventory and conduct quarterly asset physical checks together with finance member to ensure office assets are properly managed and secured;
6. Timely follows up with vendors to collect required documents for payments of office expenses.
7. Maintains filing systems and incoming/outgoing correspondence;
8. Supports to update contact lists of service providers/vendors, procurement trackers;
9. Arranges air/ train tickets, accommodation and provide other logistics support for WCS VN staff in business trips;
10. Supervises office cleaner and IT consultant to ensure office cleanness and hygiene, and sufficient/no interruption to office supplies as well as no interruption incurred due to IT issues (internet, computer hardware & software, office equipment.,);
11. Performs other duties as requested by the direct supervisor.
· A University Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as business administration, economics or public administration;
· Minimum 3-year relevant work experience in administrative position. Exposure to international business environment, non-profit sector is an added advantage;
· Ability to handle multitask, priority, attention to details and time management efficiently;
· Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in English Language;
· Computer skills mandatory, proficient in Microsoft Office Applications;
· Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is an asset.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should send your CV and cover letter to Mrs. Nguyen Thu My, Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 23:59 of 11 April 2021.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.