Position: Administrative Volunteer (02 volunteers)
Reports to: Office Finance & Administrative Officer
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Country Program: WCS Viet Nam Program
Team/Division: Finance and Administration
Team Position Type: Volunteer
Internal liaison: WCS Viet Nam’s Finance and Administration team
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in nearly 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Viet Nam Program Overview
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through supports and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed nearly 3,600 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalists, researchers at nation wide, and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies to review and propose necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government-to-Government dialogue through multilateral and bi-lateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and response to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development. Recently, WCS Viet Nam has also expanded to species conservation, with focus on finding and protecting Rafetus Swinhoei in the wild.
Under the supervision of the Office Finance & Administrative Officer, the Administrative Volunteers will provide administrative support to WCS Vietnam office operation.
1. Runs front desk, receive and circulate correspondence, incoming phone
2. Supports Procurement & Logistics Officer in updating the contact list of service providers/vendors, procurement trackers
3. Assists Procurement & Logistics Officer in arranging air/ train tickets and accommodation for WCS VN events (delegations, meetings, business trips)
4. Provides assistance to Office Finance & Administration Officer to collect monthly utility usage documents for payment such as telephones, stationery, water, electricity, etc.,
· Students from economics, foreign languages or similar universities (Last year students are preferred).
· Available 4 hours per day for at least 6 months.
· Ability to handle multitask, prioritize, attention to details and management efficiently;
· Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in English Language;
· Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Ms. Outlook);
· Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is an asset.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should send CV and application letter to us at email@example.com latest by 23:59 of 27 September 2020. Email’s subject should be: Application to Administrative Volunteer