Position: Office Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance & Administration Team Leader
Supervisor to: N/A
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Country Program: WCS Viet Nam Program
Team/Division: Finance & Administration
Position Type: Full time
Internal liaison: WCS Viet Nam’s Managers, Admin Officer, Human Resources Officer
Expected travel: Approximately 10% or as required within the country if/when required
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in nearly 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through support and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed about 3,300 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalist, researcher and managers at nation-wide in investigation and enforcement techniques, legal barriers and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies to review and propose necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government to Government dialogue through multilateral and bi-lateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and response to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development.
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administrative Team Leader, the Office Finance Officer (OFO) will work as a key member of the Finance team to provide support to WCS Vietnam Office on financial tasks. The OFO supports other functions to work smoothly and at optimal effectiveness.
A. Systems, Guidelines and forms development
1. Contributes to the development, design of financial policies/manual, financial guideline;
2. Reviews and updates financial templates;
3. Provides on-the-job financial training and orientation to operational staff.
4. Manages bank account and petty-cash to ensure sufficient fund available for office operation. Prepares monthly bank reconciliation reports and other reconciliation reports in a timely manner;
5. Checks monthly payroll and ensures salaries allocation & benefits accruals (vacation, 13th month salary, severance, private insurance and annual health check) are done smoothly in compliance with donor regulations and WCS policies;
6. Leads monthly balance sheet account reconciliation, keeps track of and clear balance sheet accounts;
7. Maintains WCS VN master-lookup database and update frequently to ensure accuracy and up-to-date data;
8. Monthly/quarterly prepares tax declaration and yearly finalization.
C. Program activity implementation
9. Independently reviews procurement process and all service/consultancy contracts under core cost to ensure procurement policy is strictly followed with transparency and efficiency;
10. Prepares, verifies and posts all approved vouchers under core cost into accounting system and process payment on daily basis;
D. Financial reports and budget management
1. Ensures Office and salary budgets are reviewed and managed timely and follow WCS’s policies and in-country financial procedures;
2. Supports preparation of monthly cash request
3. Prepares internal monthly financial reports for core cost as required.
E. Administrative and others
4. Handles quarterly asset physical checks and reconciliation;
5. Follows up with vendors to collect required documents for payment;
6. Manages general office payment, office vendors and supplies;
7. Maintains filing systems;
8. Manages small grants as and when required;
9. Performs other duties as requested by the direct supervisor and/or the Country Director.
· Minimum bachelor/college degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent;
· Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in similar position. Exposure to international business, non-profit sector, banking or audit is an added advantage;
· Ability to handle multitask, prioritize, attention to details and time management efficiently;
· Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in English Language;
· Computer skills mandatory, proficient in Microsoft Office Applications;
· Demonstrate skills in database management and record keeping;
· Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is an asset.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should apply online via this link: https://forms.gle/a85qUBNemArrCrsP8 latest by 23:59 of 15 September 2020.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.