Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Supervisor to: N/A
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Country Program: WCS Viet Nam Program
Team/Division: Finance & Administration
Position Type: Full time
Internal liaison: WCS Viet Nam’s Managers, Admin Officers, Human Resources Officers
Expected travel: Approximately 10% or as required within the country if/when required
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in nearly 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
WCS Viet Nam Program Overview:
WCS has been working in Viet Nam since 2006, focusing on strengthening the commitment, capacity and actions of the government of Vietnam to combat wildlife trafficking. Through support and cooperation to executive and judiciary sectors, including Ministry of Public Security, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the National Assembly, it has provided and shared intelligence on criminal wildlife networks which help generate well-informed decisions in enforcement operations. WCS Viet Nam have generated a wide range of reliable data on a number of related issues on illegal wildlife trade, trained and briefed about 3,300 law enforcement officers, policy makers, journalist, researcher and managers at nation-wide in investigation and enforcement techniques, legal barriers and distributed a number of technical handbooks and guides. It has assisted central agencies to review and propose necessary changes to national legislation, criminal intelligence analysis systems, inter-agency cooperation. WCS has also facilitated Government to Government dialogue through multilateral and bi-lateral collaboration efforts, between Viet Nam and Asian, African and Latin American countries, to detect and response to illegal wildlife trade networks. Its wildlife health expertise has been leveraged to address unregulated wildlife trade and mitigation of pandemic threats, through collaborative research, training, and policy development.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Finance & Administrative Manager, the Office Finance Officer (OFO) will work as a key member of the Finance team to provide support to WCS Vietnam Office on financial tasks. The OFO supports other functions to work smoothly and at optimal effectiveness. This Job Description is progressive in nature and shall be reviewed and amended from time to time to meet WCS Viet Nam program needs.
A. Systems, Guidelines and forms development
- Contributes to the development, design of financial policies/manual, financial guideline;
- Develops and revises finance related forms and templates.
B. Staff salary and Fringes & Benefit(F&B) accruals
- Ensures salaries & benefits accruals (vacation, private insurance and annual health check) are done smoothly in compliance with donor regulations and WCS policies;
- Monthly/quarterly tax declaration and yearly finalization.
C. Fund management
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of activities budget, financial documents and records for funds as assigned;
- Supports to the internal or external audits (national and global requirements where needed). This may include but not limited to give input to audit responses and support to the implementation of accepted/agreed audit recommendations.
D. Financial reports
- Monitors expenditures of funds to ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget on a monthly, quarterly and annually basis;
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation reports in a timely manner.
E. Office Activity Implementation
- Ensures Office budgets are reviewed timely and follow WCS’s policies and in-country financial procedures;
- Reviews vouchers and supporting documents;
- Process payments and manage bank accounts.
- Keeps track of and clear balance sheet accounts;
- Verifies and posts all approved vouchers under Office budget into accounting system on weekly basis;
- Supports to financial training and orientation to new staff as required;
- Maintains filing systems;
- Performs other duties as requested by the direct supervisor and/or the Country Director.
· Minimum bachelor/college degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent;
· Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in similar position. Exposure to non-profit sector (NGO, International organizations), banking or audit is an added advantage;
· Ability to handle multitask, prioritize, attention to details and management efficiently;
· Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in English Language;
· Computer skills mandatory, proficient in Microsoft Office Applications;
· Demonstrate skills in database management and record keeping;
· Concern for wildlife conservation & environmental issues is an asset.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.